- Useful while Traveling – You can carry a solar portable charger anywhere. It is great for travelling as it offers a long battery power backup and let you have an amazing travelling experience without thinking about your phone’s battery.
- It does not require a Powered Connection to Operate – You can easily use the charger at any place. Be it hiking, trekking or camping, a portable charger comes handy and can be charged 'n' number of times without a continuous electric connection. This makes it compatible for long tours and excursions.
- Eco-friendly Product – Though multiple products in the market are portable and offer the long charging facility, none of them is eco-friendly. Each of those devices requires an electricity connection for continuous usage. But a solar charger is eco-friendly and can be charged with the renewable source of energy i.e. sunlight.
- Great for Photographers – Especially for wildlife photographers, a solar-powered charger works the best. They need to spend hours on the field to get that perfect shot. Hence, it becomes important for them to have a power backup that does not ditch them in times of need. As a solar-powered charger only requires sunlight to work, it is highly opted by the photographers.
- You can Charge Multiple Devices Simultaneously - A portable Solar Powered Phone Charger comes with 2-3 USB ports that let users use it for charging multiple devices simultaneously, that too without affecting the output. So, you can charge even your car or bike battery with it. Single device, multiple benefits!
Solar cell phone battery is an electrical system that directly transforms engery from light through the photovoltaic process. They utilize solar panels to charge batteries for cell phones.
Benefits of using solar phone charger
- Solar Power Maximizes Battery Life: Solar panel certifies D.C. When subjected to sunshine, power. This is what your cells want, exactly. You protect your batteries from repetitive deep discharges by inundating your batteries with these electrodes in a slow and gradual way on a routine basis, which will shorten the life of lead-acid batteries.
- Low Maintenance: There is no air, oil, or fuel filters to adjust as solar panels absorb no fuel and therefore have no mechanical parts to wear out. Actually keep the panels' surface clear.
- Electrical Independence; With You would be able to park wherever you want to, and be free from the concerns of locating mains electricity or operating your generator, a correctly sized device and the necessary components. Go to the desert, go to the mountains, go to the beaches, go wherever the sun shines and claim your freedom from electricity!
DISADVANTAGES OF SOLAR POWERED PHONE CHARGER
- TIME ; Solar power chargers take a while to restore the majority of a battery in a cell phone or navigation system, and, as they only work during the day, this will involve having to stop, set up the system and then wait for it to charge, which may not be ideal in your situation.
- Reliability; They are only effective for a limited period of time because solar chargers have little ability to store energy stored during the day. Even as the sun begins to go down, the provided power will start to fall. Even on a gloomy day you happen to be walking in the mountains, there is also a risk it won't work at all.
- Cost ; The cost of installation, which also refers to wearable electronics, is one of the important differences of solar energy. A solar charger will set you back at least $75, whereas it could cost less than $20 for a regular battery charger.
Features a good solar phone charger should have :
- Portability: If you don't mind extra weight, a flipped solar panel will likely result in a higher surface and much more power than a single panel charger, but you'll likely have to trade some power output for portability. Another advantage of larger chargers is that they typically charge the batteries faster
- Backup battery: You must make sure that your solar phone charger has a good battery backup
Connections: Make sure that the solar charger is able to charge the device you own and that, if needed, it has enough ports to charge several devices. Try to ensure that in an appropriate period of time can get a charger that is strong enough to charge the battery you want. That means you should look for a converter with at least 7 watts to power a phone, and higher to 15 watts or higher to charge different phones or more electricity devices, such as the iPad.